DC-DC CONVERTERS , Featured , Power Electronic Converter //
- Regulated DC power supplies are needed for most analog and digital electronics systems.
- Switching devices can be used to process energy from the input to the output.
- A chopper can be considered as DC equivalent to an AC transformer with a continuously variable turns ratio. Like a transformer, it can be used to step-down or Step-up a DC voltage source
- Other applications include, Motor control in automobiles, Trolley cars, Marine hoists, Forklift trucks, etc.
- Switch-mode dc-to-dc converters are used to convert unregulated dc input into a controlled dc output at a desired voltage level.
- dc-dc converter system:
Switch-mode Power Supply
Applications: regulated switch-mode dc power supplies (often used with a HF electrical isolation transformer) and dc motor drives (often without an isolation transformer) for speed change (direction change also can be done)
Basic topologies of DC-DC Converters:
- Buck regulators: step-down only.
- Boost regulators: Step-up only.
- Buck-Boost regulators: both
- Cuk regulators: both
- Full-bridge regulators